Saturday, December 24, 2011

Could I ask a dealer to replace a part on a buick lesabre prior to buying it?

I'm thinking of buying a 1996 Buick LeSabre with a 3800 engine. I saw and drove at a dealer, who is also a new car dealer. However, I read the engine has a problem with the intake manifold because it's made partly of plastic and tends to burn out and if it does, it will ruin the engine. This car has less than 46,000 miles on it, and the engine is fine at this point. I ran a carfax report on it, and it came up completely clean. However, I don't want something happening soon after I buy it. Otherwise the car is just what I'm looking for. I have a report on on this defective part even though there never was a recall on it. Should I ask the dealer to install an updated part (that is all metal)? Would a dealer tend to go for that? Would it help to show him the report? Since I was going to try to get him to bring down the price anyway, how about if I say I'll buy it at the asking price if they change the part?|||Everything is negotiable, ask them to change it, or find out how much the better part is and how much to install, then start dealing. If dealer says, ok, I knock off that much, you get it done, deal.


You get the car, your mechanic does the cautionary repair, and all are happy.|||Everything is a negotition until you sign the paper work. I would certainly have them do it. If they want the sale they will fix it.|||Sure, make it a deal breaker if he does'nt.|||It's pretty unlikely that he will change a parts that isn't currently a problem. Good luck though....|||just ask them to change it and if they wont you dont want it. either you get your way or you dont lol|||it depends,did you buy it as is.if so,then he can do whatever he wants to.|||definitely

No comments:

Post a Comment