Saturday, December 24, 2011

I have a 2005 Buick La Crosse that has a squeak in the steering wheel that is under recall?

and the Buick dealership has tried to honor the recall, but that replacement part was also defective, so now they are waiting for yet another replacement part to be produced. This has gone on since I bought the car brand new, and my 3 year warrantee is running out in Februray; what can I do? I should not have to wait 10 years, should I, or should I have bought a Toyota in the first place?|||Even after the 36-month time period is expired, this item is still covered under warranty from the factory. If the dealership cannot repair the problem, you could be covered under your State's "Lemon Law." Do some research and see what your options are...|||Toyota has a recall on their intermediate steering shafts too. GM will take care of the intermediate shaft for you after basic warranty, as it is not really a recall on the GM shafts. It is a service bulletin on some models and extended warranty to 7/70 on others. Toyota wouldn't have told you about their recall in the first place... you would have to be informed before going in to a Toyota dealer.. if you don't mention the recall to them, they don't mention it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment