Saturday, December 24, 2011

How to recharge 1997 Buick Skylark Air Conditioner?

I have the recharge kit.


There are two possible places to connect the hose to a 1997 Buick Skylark. I know I cannot connect the can to the high side. There is a Red cap connected to a larger pipe that looks like the high side and a smaller green cap connected to a wimpy looking connection with a tag about being an evaporator test connector for 1 PSI. Is this the low side?


Any suggestions would be appreciated as the Haynes manual is horrible and does not have the details. Thanks.|||yes it is the green cap the quick disconnect should only fit on one side anyways|||I also have 1997 Buick Skylark. When I open the hood, I see Red cap and Green Evap Cap near the condenser.


User's manual doesn't help at all to find the "correct" low-pressure service port. As far as I know the cap is blue or black (not green or not red).


Any idea?

Report Abuse


|||IT IS NOT THE GREEN CAP ON THE PLASTIC LINE... THE LOW SIDE FITTING IS DIRECTLY ON THE COMPRESSOR... MINE IS BLUE... YOU CAN SEE IT FROM THE TOP,,, BUT WORK FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE CAR........

Report Abuse


|||If it is the old R-12 system, they can only be done by a professional.... it is illegal to do them without the proper equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment