Monday, December 19, 2011

TV viewing distance.. could some one just tell me already what size to get :'(?

I am on the verge of buying a TV (gt30) yet I'm worried I'm going to buy the wrong size. I will be sitting approx between 6 feet and 7 and a half foot away (90")





I was first going to buy a 42inch, until I heard that a 46 inch would be better for the distance I was going to be viewing the TV from.


Then the TV shop salesman told me that 50inch would be better..


I then read on a website that sitting less than 9 feet with a 46inch will make the images look pixleated.


I went onto A techy forum and most on there said " A 42 inch would be more than fine and 46 would be pushing it.." I've now found a calculator site that I would be better off with a 50Inch...





I'm getting really sick and tired of reading SO many different conflicting documents/reviews/posts Can anyone PLEASE just tell me if I'll be okay viewing a 46inch TV at around 6-8 feet away? I don't care if I don't get 100% benefit but 90% would be fine.





Will I be able to tell the diff between 720p and 1080P?





Will I get the benefit of a bluray etc? I hardly watch TV (unless the world cup is on..) but I do watch allot of SD DVD (upscaled with ps3) and bluray.








I have been to a shop where you could test out diff viewing distance. However they had a HUGE window in front of the TV so looking at the detail was impossible.





Would I be better off with a 42,46 or 50inch TV? the 50 inch is WAY out of my price range tbh (I'm going for the GT30) and the 46 is out of my price range but manageable.|||I would suggest buying the 42in tv. Just remember the closer u are to a bigger tv the worse it looks. I have a 32in Samsung and I am about 5 feet away, but I does seem a little small. I also have a 55 lg led tv and I sit about 12 feet away from the tv. U could always talk to someone a bestbuy if you still have questions. Good luck|||Here's a viewing distance calculator that will take the guesswork out for you.





http://myhometheater.homestead.com/viewi鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment